Miners know the risks that come with their job but they still push through with being miners for different reasons. There are some who are genuinely interested in becoming miners while there are also some people who like the benefits that they can get as miners of a company.
Mining is considered to be one of the most dangerous industries right now but there are different things that mining companies are doing in order to improve the working conditions of the miners. Are these changes enough in order to make aspiring miners like you safe from harm? Some people say that it can. For example, as long as you would do all of the things that you are required to do and you will follow all the safety protocols then you have nothing to worry about.
Yet, there is still one thing that you should remember: accidents happen.There is some things that occur out of the blue. These are unplanned but they happen.
To make properties safe, the answer is simple: the foundation should be strong enough to handle rough conditions that properties may be subjected to in the future. To be sure about the quality of the foundation of your properties and establishments, you can contact foundation repair Kansas City. You will not be disappointed with the services that they can offer.
Here are the health dangers that miners are usually exposed to:
- Radon – This is a type of odorless gas that miners are normally exposed to. With prolonged exposure, miners can have a bigger chance of acquiring lung cancer.
- Mercury – You may have tried playing with the mercury that was found in thermometers in the past but being exposed to mercury can be bad for your health. You have a higher chance of absorbing mercury through your skin. You can also inhale it and even swallow it even when you do not realize it. You will just realize that you are suffering from mercury poisoning when you have already been poisoned by this mineral.
- Heavy Items – There are times when you would be required to carry heavy items for an extended period of time. There are also moments when the items are not exactly heavy but you have tried to carry the items the wrong way. You may become more prone to acquiring injuries that you could have avoided.
- Noise – Do you realize that being exposed to noise can be bad for your health too. A lot of miners have reported becoming deaf because of frequent exposure to loud sounds. When the eardrum becomes ruptured, this would need immediate attention.
- Dust – Miners can still be exposed to dust even if they try their best to wear masks and other protective gear. Mining particles can accumulate inside the lungs and cause different respiratory health conditions. If you are having trouble breathing, you should get yourself checked by the doctor immediately.
As a miner, health dangers are common but you can still try to lessen your exposure by wearing the right safety and protective gear.