Everybody knows that finding time to relax is very important for our health and overall wellbeing. However, some employees don’t have the money to take even a short vacation. Others don’t have the luxury of vacation leave. And some have too much workload and have to work long hours every day until weekends, like those who are working in the mines. So how can you relax if you’re too busy and don’t have the money to spend even on a simple trip? Luckily, we’ve gathered here a few easy ways on how to relieve stress even while you’re in your workplace.
- Sip some tea. In a study performed by the University College London researchers, it was stated that drinking a cup of tea daily can help you recover from the stresses of daily life. But the best thing doesn’t stop there. In the same study, it was found out that the risks for blood clotting and developing heart attacks were lower in tea drinkers; so if you’re already feeling too stressed at work, just a grab a cup of tea and take a soothing sip.
- Close your eyes. One of the reasons why we become so stressed is because our brain receives too much information that it has to process. We know that our eyes are our brains’ way to collect information. However, if too much information is gathered, the brain gets tired, giving us stress and worry. Thus, closing your eyes is an easy and quick way to have a refreshing break.
- Get outside and enjoy the nature. This doesn’t necessarily mean going out of town to hike or camp, although that can be a great idea, too. (Read backpacking tent reviews online to help you find your outdoor gear needs.) A few minutes of walking outside your workplace can already make you feel relaxed and better.
- Do quick stretch. Pain and numbness drain away your energy. So take a break, even for only 5 minutes per hour, to do some stretching. Simple stretches, such as standing up, shrugging your shoulders, and lifting your hands and legs, can work wonders to relieve muscle tension and relax your mind.
- Take a deep breath. Controlled, deep breathing is an easy way to de-stress and relax. The key to do this is to breathe deeply from the abdomen. When you take deep breath from the abdomen, you inhale more oxygen. The more oxygen your body gets, the more relaxed and calm you’ll feel.
- Laugh. You definitely heard the phrase, “Laughter is the best medicine.” That’s true. There are lots of great things that a good laugh can do. It may improve your immune system, relieve pain, boost your mood, stimulate many organs, soothe muscle tension, and relieve stress. So go ahead and laugh!
There are, of course, many other ways to help you relax and reduce your stress even while you’re at your workplace. These are only a few tips to help your get started.…