According to a recent study conducted by GrandView Research, the global market for mining equipment will increase to approximately $147.69 billion by 2020. Since there is a growing boost in the mining industry, the demand for mining equipment, such as shredders, loaders, and service trucks, will substantially improve. This is good news if you are in the mining equipment business, or planning to enter the industry.
But as you know, the mining equipment business is a large business, which means there are a lot of competitors in the market. If your business is not that familiar, it is very unlikely that people and mining companies will purchase from you. If you want to increase your sales and become visible in the market, you should use an effective marketing campaign. Here are some ways to do that:
- Create your own website. This is a great way to advertise your business since people are now going online. The best thing about this is you’re able to show to your customers all your existing products and help them choose better. Having your own site will also help you expand your reach, build a strong relationship with your customers, as well as connect with other businesses. If you’re not a techie person, you can hire your own web designer to design your website. You can also hire writers to give your readers information about your products and what your business is doing.
- Hire an SEO expert. Of course, it is not enough to just build your own website. You also have to make sure that your website ranks on the top of search engine results in order to get traffic and sales. And in order for you to achieve that, you should incorporate SEO in your internet marketing campaign. For that, hiring an SEO expert is a must. SEO experts will help you achieve your desired rankings, increase your visibility in the online market, and improve your business competitiveness. Take note to hire an expert near your area, so you can talk to them in person if needed and better reach your target audience. If you are in Toronto, hire a Toronto SEO
- Start using social media. While it seems weird to include social media in this list because most people that you can find here are young, incorporating social media in your marketing campaign is very crucial to increase your mining equipment sales. Sure, people who are present in social media are young, but these young individuals are today’s buyers; and if they see you, they can potentially refer you to others. So, if you have the time to learn and use a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube, do it. Well, if you don’t have the time but have enough budget, you always have the option to hire your own social media marketer.
- Ask for referrals. Another way to increase your client base and ultimately grow your business is to ask for referrals. Well, you may find it uncomfortable doing it, but I tell you this is one of the easiest and effective ways to increase sales. Remember that most people like to help other people, but sometimes they aren’t able to do that because you don’t ask them. So, when someone purchased from you, and you believe that he or she is satisfied with your service, then ask that person for referrals.
- Join business organizations and networking groups. There are so many local business organizations out there where you can freely join. Well, sometimes subscriptions require a small amount of fee, but the benefits are tremendous. Once you are in, you’re able to get to know a lot of people, especially people with the same mindset and goal as you. And the great thing is once they knew you, they will likely mention you to others and even give you referrals (even without asking them). Joining in these organizations is also a great opportunity to learn different marketing strategies.